I'm building a deck. What kind of approvals do I need?
You need to apply for a Zoning Certificate from Sugarcreek Township. You will need two (2) copies of your site plan, two (2) copies of your construction drawings, and a completed Zoning Certificate Application. There is a $35 charge. You may need to apply for a Building Permit from the Greene County Department of Building Regulations too. If the deck is more than 24" off the ground, you will be required to have a Building Permit. It is recommended that you call the Department of Building Regulations, 937-562-7420, to discuss your specific project. Remember, a Zoning Certificate is always required from Sugarcreek Township even if a Building Permit is not required from Greene County. You may also need to acquire approval from your Homeowner's Association.

Show All Answers

1. I'm building a deck. What kind of approvals do I need?
2. I'm building a shed. What kind of approvals do I need?
3. What is the biggest size storage building that I can put on my lot?
4. Can I build a shed, an above ground pool and a fence in my yard?
5. I want to build a fence in my yard. What do I need to do?
6. I am building a fence. Do I have to have my property surveyed?
7. How close to the property line can I place my shed?
8. How tall does a fence surrounding a pool need to be?
9. Can I build a shed in my front yard?
10. How long does it take for Sugarcreek Township to issue my Zoning Certificate, once I apply?
11. My neighbor's house was foreclosed and the grass is a foot tall. Can the township address this issue?
12. Can I build in an easement?